While you’re trimming the fat from that bird, trim your friends. It’s National Unfriend Day! Today’s holiday was initiated in 2010 by Jimmy Kimmel who felt Facebook had cheapened the meaning of friendship. HE may be right, but if you didn’t have friends before Facebook, you’re probably excited about your sudden increase of 1,500 friends. If you spend most of your time in the real world, you’re probably not impressed by the number of online “friends” you have, you’re more concerned with the ones who know where you live, but don’t know your address. You understand Facebook friends are people you know of, not necessarily people you really know or in rare cases know at all. If no one is causing you stress, you’re fine and probably don’t need to celebrate today. But, if you have been in any of the following situations, you need start slicing, dicing, and celebrating all over your Facebook friends list.
- Your ex is stalking you through a fake account or a mutual friend.
- Your boss found out about your late night streaking because a loud mouth co-worker, who is your Facebook friend, outed you.
- Jesus told you to pull the weeds.
- You just feel like being petty.
- You’ve become a Facebook stalker and you’re one click away from a court record.
Unfriend with a callous vengeance, save yourself, and…
HOLIDAY ON MY FRIENDS!!!